RPLovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPLovers

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RPGs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:22 pm

I'm not talking about just video games and digital things here, this includes card games, those games you play with little figures or whatever.. anything at all xD So - what's your RPG of choice?
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female
Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Character Profile
Character Profile: Elven Magic User

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:38 am

At the moment Neverwinter nights, PC game but all time favourite are ice wind dale 2 and boulders gate 2 and pool of radiance.

And I love various story role plays I have joined over the years at different communities, some of which are still going *grins*.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:20 am

Ooh, some of the older rpgs for pc then? xD I've never actually played boulders gate- I was thinking about it < off topic>, but it was too much hassle to get it working under linux without using a virtual machine.. I'm all for virtual machines for running things, just not games ^^; < /off topic>
What did you think to it, anyway?
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:11 pm

I must admit I didn't like the first bouders gate or ice wind dale as much as the second one thats came out *grins*. The games were a bit primative for me, I'm just fussy. I mean storyline and character options when I mention primative.

And about virtual machines...I have no idea. I'm not very tech savvy. I just hope it works lol.

How about you? What kind of PRGs do you enjoy?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:33 pm

I dunno. I guess I'm an odd-ball of sorts and don't favour action rpgs or traditional leveling-up types. Anything with a good story and needs some form of logic to get past is fine by me. With that said, however, the logic part can be compromised by a really good story. There's a lot of variables really to explain what I like and what I don't because circumstances are different with each game =S Anyway, all babbling aside- my favorate rpgs are probably The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Which I'm playing through again) and most of the classic final fantasies. Of all of the RPGs I enjoy, most are from Japan other than Heavenly Sword, although you could argue that it was made globally. I don't really get into rpgs which are too open though such as oblivion and things like that one Microsoft made a while ago *can't remember it's name*.. Levelling up and such is really boring if you've got no strong story to motivate you.
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:51 pm

Are you thinking of Dungeon Siege?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:54 pm

Yus, that's the one. =P
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:06 pm

yeah the character creation is pretty basic, but I don't mind it but I prefer more involved games like the ones mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Jotohei
Shiki

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Character Profile
Character Profile: Human Assassin

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:07 pm

I don't really get how people can survive with non-digital RPGs these days. But that's just me and my irritation at having to learn complicated rules to the RPG card games. I failed at Pokemon and Magic the Gathering, and found WarHammer too fiddly and troublesome. Never saw the point in Dungeons and Dragons.

RPGs I like... hmm... It's all video games in my head. A bit sad. I've tried Baulder's Gate, Neverwinter Nights and all them, and Baulder's Gate 2 was enjoyable until I found all 4 discs for it snapped in half. My mum is more of a PC RPGer than me, she got quite obsessed with Dungeon Siege and would often kick me off my computer to use it. She did get into a lot fo my PS2 RPGs too, especially Baulder's Gate [which I just randomly remembered Dennis got me that for my birthday a fair few years back...]. I didn't like it much... Unless I could use all the cheats on it and just recklessly kill everything.

Anyway, RPGs I like. I'm quite attached to Shin Megami Tensei games, having brought and finished Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army a few weekends back. .hack games are high on my list too, although I've not completed Quarentine yet and not looked at the new game series that's out. Pity I never got the chance to play .hack//fragment. And I never could play the card game for it though.
Online RPGs are something I'm currently banned from, but I used to play Ragnarok a lot. I don't remember why, since it's not exactly amazing, is it?

... Yeah...

Has anyone ever found that they have trouble naming things when they're asked to? *off-topic*
Back to top Go down
http://last.fm/user/xeikomn
Anonymous

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:25 pm

I had that problem earlier on in this thread, and I'm the one that started it =S

I've saw a few interesting mmorpgs lately, so I'm keeping tabs on how they develop =)
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Jotohei
Shiki

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Character Profile

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:29 pm

I can't play them without becoming a bit obsessed. Well it's more the compulsion that i have to complete it, or just max out the characters... in any and every class... Or something like that. So I'm trying not to find any interesting MMOs. Offline rpgs only. Which is hard to stick to when you end up finishing all the games you have.
Back to top Go down
http://last.fm/user/xeikomn
Iceindra
Nitohei
Iceindra

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Character Profile
Character Profile: Elven Warrior

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:20 am

Card RPGs? I didn't know they were considered RPGs, lol. I've played YuGioh a lot when I was in middle skool. I had this rly awesome deck, then, when I came to high school, I started playing Magic: The Gathering. I tried playing Yugioh more, but then, i just lost interest of the game since you could do a lot more with Magic. I remember during my sophmore yr, someone stole all my magic cards and I didnt have money to by any new ones, so a friend of mine gave me a crappy cleric deck. I later got some black clerics and tried to build my cards up again, but during my senior yr, I got bored of Magic and me and my friends just stopped playing it.

I've played one dice RPG, and that was Dungeons and Dragons. Though, I've only played it once, and I wasn't too good with it. We played for about a month, and then we got bored of it. So that was that with D&D.

Video game RPGs are what interest me most now. I guess the very first rpgs I've played were pokemon, if u want to consider it an rpg, and if not, the Golden Sun. I rly didnt play a lot of video games until later on in high school. A friend of mine let me borrow FFVII: AC, and it intrigued me a bit, so I started buying FF games. The first one was FF Tactics for PS which was awesome. After that, I wanted to play more FF games, so then I got FFVII and VIII. I got X and X-2 the following yr, I got V for christmas last yr, I borrowed XII during the summer (my file got deleted, so I had to start all over again D:), I bought IX on ebay a few months ago. And I downloaded the first 6 into my computer as roms. And other RPGs that I play are Kingdom Hearts really, because its just so good. I guess if you want to call Resident Evil 4 an rpg, it kinda isn't but watever. I've played .hack infection, and it got me mad that it took 17 hrs to beat it and to continue, I had to by the next game, so I stopped playing that series.

MMORPGs? I've only played ARO (Anime Ragnarok Online), and don't rly play it much because when I do, my computer freezes, so I just dont bother with it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Vashy Muffin
Nitohei
Vashy Muffin

Male
Number of posts : 21

Character Profile
Character Profile:

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 pm

shrig32 wrote:
I'm not talking about just video games and digital things here, this includes card games, those games you play with little figures or whatever.. anything at all xD So - what's your RPG of choice?

How would card games be considered role playing games? A role playing game is a game where you play the role of another character.

Which makes me very confused as to why the URL for the site was changed to rpglovers, when Role Playing and Role Playing Games are not the same thing. Role Playing Stories or RPSlovers would make far more since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brian4534
Anonymous

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:31 pm

I agree about the name change ^^
Although I've not really played card games, some can still be classed as rpgs (as you assume the roles of the characters on those cards in some games etc.)
Back to top Go down
Vashy Muffin
Nitohei
Vashy Muffin

Male
Number of posts : 21

Character Profile
Character Profile:

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:50 pm

What card games are you talking about? o.O Some type of Dungeons and Dragons card game? I've never heard of a card game RPG before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brian4534
Anonymous

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 5:45 am

I'm pretty sure it's something like that- I just assumed they are rpgs rather than checking facts, but I don't see why it wouldn't work to have a card rpg xD Even starwars action figures could be considered an rpg game if you wanted o.O
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:20 pm

I've heard of the card and board game style of RPGs but I have not played these myself. One of my uni friends were very into them, it just looked really expensive and time consuming compared to the computerised versions. But maybe I'm just biased.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneos
Heicho
Aidoneos

Male
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Character Profile

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:32 pm

i never heard of card and board RPG's but i would prefer the computer rpg's better becuase i played those all my life pretty much
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:49 pm

So Aidoneos, what RPG computer games are you playing at the moment if any? Do you have an all time favourite?
Back to top Go down
Aidoneos
Heicho
Aidoneos

Male
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Character Profile

RPGs Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPGs   RPGs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:30 am

my all time favorite would have to be everquest