RPLovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPLovers

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "currently watching" thread.

Go down 
+3
Shiki
chaugall
Maki Muffin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The "currently watching" thread. Empty
PostSubject: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:41 am

What series'/serials are you watching right now? (not restricted to anime/whatever's the norm around here). You don't have to enjoy it to list it down here, but I encourage you to put some thoughts down accompanying it (I don't like "currently __" threads that wind up just being a meaningless list).

I suppose I should start, seeing as I'm here already. I'm currently watching Welcome to the NHK, which is quite nice. It's been a while since I've found an anime that is worth watching- and so-far it looks to be one that isn't easily forgotten. I definatly recommenced it to anybody that's interested in (or can relate to) otaku or hikikomori culture and the humours/issues related to them. The series isn't really for kids though, so you've been warned I guess o.O I can imagine most of the people here will enjoy it anyway =)
Back to top Go down
Maki Muffin
Nitohei
Maki Muffin

Female
Number of posts : 45
Location : Somewhere between the Cloud fans and the Sephiroth fans...Hopefully, I survive xP
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Character Profile
Character Profile: Human Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Alright, so I recently aquired (x-mas) Suzuka, dvd 1. I <3 it. But when I showed it to my Muffins, one *cough* Vashy Muffin *cough* called it a Love Hina knock off. *has never seen Love Hine* So I wouldn't know. But it's an anime about love and high jump, as in track & frield. I'm not into track anymore, but it's makes for an interesting anime, at least I thought so...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fuhrersardine
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female
Number of posts : 589

Character Profile
Character Profile: Elven Magic User

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm watching Bleach as it’s released; love the blades and their abilities. Love the whole idea of soul society and shimagami, so I can't wait for epi 154 and the new movie Diamond Dust Rebellion. Yep I'm addicted.

Boston Legal, I enjoy the word plays and the issues bought up under the surface of frivolous activity.
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Jotohei
Shiki

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Gosh, I'm watching quite a bit these days, being it the only thing I have to do besides read.
Tv series of this country: The Office, Extras, The IT Crowd *pokes at them* I don't know why I started watching them.
Anime *looks to playlist*: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, D.gray-man, Sky Girls, Rental Magica, Prism Ark, Bamboo Blade, Ghost Hound, Myself; Yourself, Dragonaut: The Resonance, ef - Tale of Memories, Night Wizard, Shakugan no Shana II, Shugo Chara, Kyou Kara Maou, etc., etc. I tend to pick up almost any series that catches my interest.
Other: Heroes, Dexter.

I need a life, no?
Back to top Go down
http://last.fm/user/xeikomn
Maki Muffin
Nitohei
Maki Muffin

Female
Number of posts : 45
Location : Somewhere between the Cloud fans and the Sephiroth fans...Hopefully, I survive xP

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:41 pm

lol. I watched an episode of Heroes. It was really neat. Vashy and I are also watching Firefly. Sci-fi. It's awesome, I <3 it. Flying ships, outlaws, firearms, etc, etc. It's really cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fuhrersardine
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:21 am

I saw some of Heros too one night at someone's house- it looked good, but not something I'd go out of my way to watch ^^; (although, perhaps I was too tired to consume it right).. I studied Firefly in Media Studies class about two months ago xD It was made by the same writer as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and flopped really bad when it first come out xD It's got a bit of a cult following like Buffy has now though apparently =P
Anyway, this post was pretty much off-topic, so feel free to ignore it >.>
What's everyone else watching? I won't believe you if you say nothing. =P
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:01 am

Maki Muffin wrote:
lol. I watched an episode of Heroes. It was really neat. Vashy and I are also watching Firefly. Sci-fi. It's awesome, I <3 it. Flying ships, outlaws, firearms, etc, etc. It's really cool.

I love the TV series Firefly *grins* and the movie Serenity. It just works, space and cowboys minus the horses *laughs*. Well that's the impression I get when I watch it.

I'm watching Andromeda season 2, another sci-fi, I love heroes of space la la la completely addicted to this genre. On the anime front I'm watching Bleach which I went on about last time and Asatte No Houkou about a wish gone a-wire and a young girl becomes an adult and a adult becomes a child.
Back to top Go down
Iceindra
Nitohei
Iceindra

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Character Profile
Character Profile: Elven Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:06 am

chaugall wrote:
I'm watching Bleach as it’s released; love the blades and their abilities. Love the whole idea of soul society and shimagami, so I can't wait for epi 154 and the new movie Diamond Dust Rebellion. Yep I'm addicted.

Boston Legal, I enjoy the word plays and the issues bought up under the surface of frivolous activity.

same here. I wish DB could sub it already xD why does it take to get on dvd? O.o

lets see, I'm currently watching Bleach (saw episode 155 a few minutes ago =D), Scrubs, Psych, Azumanga Daioh (luv that series xD), and of course Family Guy and American Dad.
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Iceindra wrote:
chaugall wrote:

same here. I wish DB could sub it already xD why does it take to get on dvd? O.o

lets see, I'm currently watching Bleach (saw episode 155 a few minutes ago =D), Scrubs, Psych, Azumanga Daioh (luv that series xD), and of course Family Guy and American Dad.

I thought DB was fairly quick with there episode releases, quicker than rumbal subs who also release Bleach. But neither has gotten hold of the movie *crys*. I'm downloading 155 now, internet slow ah well.

On what I'm watching, I plan to ge to the movies today and watch waterhose, ledgends of the deep, looks like fun *grins*
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Jotohei
Shiki

Male

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:28 pm

*is behind on Bleach again* I download every release but forget to watch it. ^^;

Just started watching an anime called Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Mainly since the second series has just started being aired so I wanted to watch the first series before watching that... It's... interesting.
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:21 pm

I fished the boxset of Andromeda and started Carnivale yesterday, I like the hints of real powers/abilities. We'll see how it turns out. Its set in the great depression in America following a carnival show.

Watched the 3rd OVA of Kyou Kara Maou, I so love this anime. This episode was in regards to a love machine that foretold the lovers greatist fears hehe. And of course Wolfram and Yuri were fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneos
Heicho
Aidoneos

Male
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:02 pm

atm im watching A Huanting
Back to top Go down
Diddy21
Ittohei
Diddy21

Male
Number of posts : 142
Location : Falling! Waiting to reach the end of the rabbit hole...
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Character Profile
Character Profile: Dwarven Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:07 pm

Hmm, right now - Bleach, Rental Magica, Prism Ark, Dragonaut: The Resonance, Night Wizard, Kyou Kara Maou. Ghost in the Shell, ect...

Non-Anime: Psych and Monk on USA.
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:18 pm

I've started watching the 3rd season of Gray's Anatomy, its a medical based show with the normal flings on the side. I enjoy the medial and human side of this series.

Also watching Saiunkoku Monogatari Season II, its starting to pick up, but so far season I is better. Its a political, family, romance anime.
Back to top Go down
108Stars
Ittohei
108Stars

Female
Number of posts : 91

Character Profile
Character Profile: Human Magic User

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 5:40 am

Currently watching Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori...

and Gundam 00 if I'm not too lazy to continue watching.
Back to top Go down
http://misato-dailylife-journal.blogspot.com/
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:13 pm

I'm rewatching the 3rd Season of Charmed, a series about 3 women who are witches on the side of good.

Watching a mixture of anime, Bleach (up to episode 175), Mar Heaven (up to episode 58), Saiunkoku Monogatari Season II (up to episode 15) and D-Gray Man (up to episode 81). I was really surpirsed by how much I've enjoyed D-Gray Man, its about excorsits.
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Jotohei
Shiki

Male

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Natsume Yuujinchou, most recently. Episode 3 was recently released. And 93 of D.Gray-man. Much fun *nods*
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:11 am

I've started re-watching NCIS (crimes in the navy) season 1 and I'm watching The Third, girl with a blue eye (anime, post war, some people developed an astral eye), up to disc 3 or was it 4 I'm not sure. But really enjoying it.

Shiki, D-Gray is awesome I recently watched epi 93 too woo hoo. Still watching Bleach (episodes 180), Kyou Kara Maou (epi 80), Mar Heaven (epi 58) and Bamboo Blade epi 6.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "currently watching" thread.   The "currently watching" thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "currently watching" thread.
Page 1 of 1