RPLovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPLovers

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Staff of Ruins

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Diddy21
Ittohei
Diddy21

Male
Number of posts : 142
Location : Falling! Waiting to reach the end of the rabbit hole...
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Character Profile
Character Profile: Dwarven Assassin

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:40 pm

This is my first one. I hope everything goes well...

The world in which we live in derive all it's development from two separate powers. The first power is depended on a faith that a creator lurks among the universe, keeping order there. But, there is also another power. A power that is not a who, but rather a what. There is no specific person who controls power over the earth, but it is the person who is in possession of a magical relic. A simple staff, of mystery and wonder. This staff has the power to control, create, or even destroy. The power is so great, that whoever is in control of staff is, without doubt, unstoppable. If the staff fell into the wrong hands, the world we know it may be in ruins and chaos. At the present time, this staff has been lost in debris of the earth and has been forgotten about. Until now...

A small town boy named Amon went with two of his friends into the forest near town. They we're playing tag when they happened to come across a cave on the side of a large hill. The cave's entrance was covered in thick vegetation. When they pulled it off, they slowly traveled through the cave. When they reached near the end, the ground beneath them collapsed and they fell in a hole. Amon looked around and found this old, dusty staff. Playing around with it, he killed both of his friend on accident and it traumatized him.

Amon is now in search for a way to rid this evil device to avenge his friends' death. He is now on a quest to go and find out answers into how he can stop the evil staff from hurting again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READ THIS LAST INSERT:
There is also an evil being that is after the Staff. Also, legendary things such as elves, drarves, spells, and magic exist but many people don't know about it. I need people to accompany Amon whether it be a friend or a person who heard about it and wants to help. Also, there can be people who helps the bad guy. Not too many elves or dwarves please, there legendary in this story. If there is another class you can think of, please let me know. FOLLOW ALL RPL RULES PLEASE!

CHARACTER SHEET:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Weapon/Abilities/Power:[/b]
[b]Other[/b]

My Characters:
Name: Amon Semonar
Class: Human
Appearance: The Staff of Ruins Hot
Personality: He is a very brave young man. He usually keeps to himself most of the time.
Weapon/Abilities/Power: He carries a longsword and has the staff strapped up to his back.
Other None.

Name: Balshazar
Class: Unknown
Appearance: The Staff of Ruins Dark_angel_by_amihedgehog
Personality: ?
Weapon/Abilities/Power: Unknown, but people know that he has a dark power.
Other None.

Staff: The Staff of Ruins Lightning_Staff_by_ignaer

Last edited by on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetallicaFan86
Ittohei
MetallicaFan86

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Character Profile
Character Profile: Elven Warrior

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:53 am

Name: Alexander Ovechkin
Appearance: The Staff of Ruins Ri001
Personality: Quiet and calm. He is quiet most of the time, and he has a bad temper, though it takes a lot to set him off.
Weapon/Abilities/Power: He carries a braodsword, and he has no magical abilities.
Other: None

Name: Kimmo Timonen
Appearance: The Staff of Ruins Guy
Personality: Quiet, cold. He rarely speaks, and when he does, it's nothing nice.
Weapon/Abilities/Power: He carries no weapon, but he can create fire at will.
Other: None
Back to top Go down
Diddy21
Ittohei
Diddy21

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Looks good MetallicaFan86! You probably just want to see if you can get that first picture to come up.

----------------------------------------------------------
NOTE:

As far as technology aspects go, there is a wide range of it. Amon is just not aware of this technology. He lives in a conservative town with not much.

Any other races you want to add, ask me first and I'll give you an approval, although I'll probably accept it anyways.

*I'm really trying to look for a mythical map we could possibly go by, if anybody can find one, or tell me where to find one, that would be great.
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female
Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Character Profile
Character Profile: Elven Magic User

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 5:55 pm

((hi hi, I didn't actually ask about the water child...let me know if thats not ok. Any changes let me know la lala))

Name: Hizem
Class: centaur
Appearance:
The Staff of Ruins MM35_PG32
Personality: strong, loyal, protective, hostile to those that threaten those under his protection
Weapon/Abilities/Power: Broadsword neutralizes magic that it comes into direct contact with it only when unsheathed, hilt warms when magic is used around it. Enchanted bow of piercing. When threatened there is one chant known to older centaurs called the spell of awakening, nature comes alive in a hostile way to protect its centaur guardians – rarely used if ever.
Other Centaurs have a natural resistance to magical attacks. Hizem is currently Lulu’s guardian, he doesn’t show himself to the humans around Lulu, but he watches.

Name: Irolex
Class: once he was a centaur… now he is something resembling a centaur, shadow and wings of the death watch…
Appearance:
The Staff of Ruins Black_Centaur_with_Background_by_Lu
Personality: drawn to the staff, no longer remembers the significance of being alive so does not value life, knows that he was once alive, but something he can’t remember happened when the staff was newly forged and resulted in his current state.
Weapon/Abilities/Power: scythe with a broadsword on the end (see image), scythe takes life, broadsword words with blood magic, he shimmers in and out of reality, walking both the land of the living and that of the dead. But always near the staff.
Other

Name: Lulu
Class: Water child (being bought up in a human househeld that does not know she isn’t human)
Appearance:
The Staff of Ruins Water_summoner
Personality: Playful, loyal, enjoys life, is happy
Weapon/Abilities/Power: Water element she can manipulate at will
Other Lulu doesn’t fair well in places that have scarce water either in the air or the land such as deserts. Lulu currently protected by her centaur guardian, Hizem.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneos
Heicho
Aidoneos

Male
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Character Profile
Character Profile: Human Assassin

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Name: Melithina Do' Urden
Race: Dark Elf
Appearance: The Staff of Ruins C0ba
Personality: Has a sadistic sense of humor and likes to meet new people.
Weapons/abilities: has a staff as a weapon along with throwing daggers and has necromancy powers.
(is picture ok?)
Back to top Go down
Diddy21
Ittohei
Diddy21

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:55 pm

@chaugall: I actually like the concept of the centuar so that will be fine, as far as the water child, that will be fine as well. Looks good.

@Aidoneos: The picture is a little risque, but I'll let you use it. Just when doing other RPs, try to search for something that won't be questioned. But your fine! Looks good as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I'm going to wait another day to get everybody else in who wants to join and then we'll start. Spread the word!
Back to top Go down
MetallicaFan86
Ittohei
MetallicaFan86

Female

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:03 am

((As far as I can see, the first picture is working fine.))
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:55 pm

((the first time I saw that pic it said something about exceeding bandwidth but when copied it showed the image. And its working fine today *grins*. That’s my two bobs of input for today lol))
Back to top Go down
Aidoneos
Heicho
Aidoneos

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:56 pm

((ok but if you want me to change it i'll find something else))
Back to top Go down
Diddy21
Ittohei
Diddy21

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:02 pm

((Nah, it will be fine this time. Smile @MetallicaFan: Ya, your picture is working today for me too.))
Back to top Go down
Diddy21
Ittohei
Diddy21

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Well go ahead and get started. Sorry for the late start.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
START:

The sun crept over the rolling green hills in the small town of Dredamore. The rays made it's way through the meadows, up the street, and peeked through Amon's circular windows and in through his eyelids. Morning had arrived and he awoke. He started with a stretch and scratched his head, as he made his way to the side of the bed. He went over to the mirror and rubbed the crust from his eyes.

He felt a strong pressure in the room. It was making him feel sick to his stomach. He felt as though the whole room was pulsating around him but he could only feel it in his head. It throbbed harder and harder and he held his head in pain. He put his head down in the sink and washed his face. When he looked back up, he saw a light through the reflection of his mirror. When he turned around, there is sat in the corner, with rays of red and green shining through in encased orb. The staff.

He heard a knock at the door. "Amon, are you ok?" He hasn't told his mom he would be leaving in a few days. He felt as though it would just be better to just get up that day and leave. "I'm fine mom. I'll be out in a minute." When he turned back to the staff, the beams of light had vanished, leaving to evil rod sitting up against the corner. "Maybe this would be a good time to go ahead and start packing."

((You can jump in with your entrance whenever you like. You can involve them in the action immediately or make them wait a few days, whatever you feel like doing.))
Back to top Go down
Aidoneos
Heicho
Aidoneos

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Melithina was walking in the streets in the merchants area to see if she could find any more magical items but she doubted it when she felt pulses and she fell to her knees in pain.

"AH!! where is that coming from?" she asked her self.

So she got back to her feet and tried to follow the magical energy when she arrived in front of Amon's house and decided to proceed with cuation to make sure no one in the house saw her.
Back to top Go down
Diddy21
Ittohei
Diddy21

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Amon heard a change of pace rustling through the leaves outside his window. He decided to ignore it and continue packing. When he finally finished he stopped to think. I might as well leave now...I'll pick up other supplies along the way. I need to ask around about someone who could tell me about the staff and how to destroy it. He grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder, then he turned to the staff. He gave a foul look at it as he can recall the flashbacks of him and his friends in the caves.

"Ow, how far do you think we fell?" said Lan as he brushed himself off from the tumble they just recieved. "I don't know," said Sakura. "Probably about a good twenty feet." Amon rubbed his head as he looked up through the hole they fell in. "I wonder how will get out, " he commented. He looked around into the black void of a cave. He finally made it to his feet and then back down again as he tripped over this thing sticking up out of the ground. When he turned to look at it, red and green rays emitted into the darkness...

Amon shook off the thoughts of the past and grabbed the staff, strapping it onto his back. He felt as though everytime he grabbed it, his soul would slowly drain into the staff. He regained his composure and crawled through his window. He turned to the right and noticed that a woman was standing at his door. A kind of woman that he had never seen in these parts of town before...
Back to top Go down
Aidoneos
Heicho
Aidoneos

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Melithina looked up at the window Amon was sneaking out of and just stared at him until she noticed the staff on his back and realized that it was the staff that was the source of the power and she yelled,

"Hey, you, kid!"

Melithina started to move towards the window.

Last edited by on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetallicaFan86
Ittohei
MetallicaFan86

Female

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Alexander sighed as he wandered around the town. He looked through the merchant's wares, finding nothing of particular interest. Heaving another sigh, he turend at a sudden burst of movement from another stall.

"Hey, you! Stop! Theif!" Kimmo knew the words were directed at him, but he kept running. He had taken some food from a nearby vendor and ran off. Looking behind him to make sure the vendor wasn't catching up, he turned to look in front of him. Too late, he slammed into Alex, who had moved to block his path. "Move, you great oaf!" He snarled, but Alex calmly drew his sword. The vendor, however, had caught up and grabbed hold of Kimmo. Kimmo struggled in the man's grip, all the while glaring at Alex. Alex sheathed his sword. "Thank you much, young man," The vendor said. Alex nodded and, with a small smile in the vendor's direction, walked calmly away from the scene.
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:34 pm

((Oh bum, I missed the start *chuckles*))

**Otherworld - Located close to the portal to the physical staff**

*Irolex, moves slowly towards the portal, the portal that always lead to the staff. The staff was the centre of his being, it was all there was in his world. But recently while he slumbered the years or was it minutes away, the staff had been moved from the cave. Irolex liked the cave, it didn't change, and it calmed him. But now it was on the move once more...and so was he. Irolex can feel the shifts in his plane of existence as the staff shifts position, hands, location, all these manifested before him in a complex pattern of energy forms which instantly held meaning to him but few if any other.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Nariel**

*In a settlement, on the other side of the mountain from the human town Dredamore was another human settlement known as Nariel. Here a young girl plays with a group of town kids, in the creek that ran through the town. There was much laughing and splashing as the kids played a complex game, involving how wet one was. Standing still, so still that no eye paused on his presence, Hizem watched the children play.*

*Hizem stood in the deep shadow on the fringe of a forest that boarded the town of Nariel, ever watchful of his charge, who played with out a care in the world with the other children. Lulu, however was not human, and her time where she could play so were numbered. The humans who had treated her as one of their own had started to notice differences in Lulu. Hizem was here to watch over her, he'd been assigned to his charge since her birth, however Lulu had only known of his existence for 5 years now. Soon, she would have to leave...*
Back to top Go down
Diddy21
Ittohei
Diddy21

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 6:46 pm

Amon turned to see a darker skined woman down the trail from his house. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so dark skined before in my life... He grabbed his bag and adjusted it on his shoulder. "I'm kinda in a hurry. Do you mind me asking what you need right now?"
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:55 pm

**Otherworld - Portal**

*Irolex arrives before the portal, there was no sense of distance or time in the otherworld, but now he stood before the portal. Irolex steps easily through the portal and materializes in the real world, which was so solid. His form shimmers into existence among the shadows of the bushes in the garden outside Amon's window. He is extremely hard to pick out even to the magically gifted, however he will always appear to Amon's site while his in direct contact with the staff, as a semi transparent being.*

*Irolex's eyes automatically find the staff, it was on the back on a human...Amon...the name echoes within his head. This being carried the staff, the staff was everything, the fact that he still held the staff means that he would tolerate him until he no longer carried it.*

*Irolex's eyes immediately dart to the dark elf, and his weapon materializes in his hand, should such a one attempt contact with his staff, he'd strike...*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Nariel**

*Hizem, still standing watch over the playing children, observes with concern the gathering of the adults and the pointing towards Lulu among the children. They had started to notice, the unusual happenings regarding water that occurred around Lulu, they could no longer ignore it and now they gathered, some angry and scared, others trying to calm the situation.*

*Hizem knew that Lulu would not return home this night, instead she would travel with him and leave these humans behind. He would let her play one last time until she was directly threatened.*
Back to top Go down
Aidoneos
Heicho
Aidoneos

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:10 am

"I want the staff" Melithina stated as she continued to move toward Amon.

She took her eyes off of Amon and notices a centaur like creature and starts to cast a spell but stops remembering that their are people around and that her spell might cause a scene, " thats the last thing I want is to cause a scene seeing as how the people here are barely tolerating me and are just look for any reason to attack me"
Back to top Go down
Diddy21
Ittohei
Diddy21

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 9:48 pm

((I don't think your supposed to see Aidoneos. You can just edit the post a little.))

"Well, you can't have it! Sorry for being so blunt, but I can't be kept waiting." Amon grabbed the staff and adjusted it on his back when he felt the staff pulsating once again. Louder and louder it thumped. He glanced over and noticed that a shadowy figure was staring straight at him and readied his weapon. "Look, I gotta run. Nice to meet you." Amon ran as swiftly as he could down the dirt trail that lead into the town.

-----

Balshazar walked around the realms of the dark and twisted wastelands that he had made himself. Ever since he felt that the staff had been awoken once more, his goal was nothing more than to retrieve it for himself. He glided over to his dark pedistool made of skulls from his past victims. He glared his red glowing eyes into the swirled, misty, crystal ball that sat upon it and watched as it came into view clear as day of Amon taking off down the dirt road.

((UPDATE: I found a picture that better betrayed what I pictured Balshazar to be like.))

The Staff of Ruins Dark_angel_by_amihedgehog
Back to top Go down
Aidoneos
Heicho
Aidoneos

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:47 pm

((ok sry im kinda lost see the staff or see chaugall's char?))
Back to top Go down
Diddy21
Ittohei
Diddy21

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:57 pm

(chaugall's character.))
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:18 am

((sorry guys stacked my bike the other day and have been really sore hehe hence my absence. Nice new image Diddy21. And I hate absolutes, so I typed that

Quote :
He is extremely hard to pick out even to the magically gifted, however he will always appear to Amon's site while his in direct contact with the staff, as a semi transparent being...
which means that he can be detected, but I’d hoped that it wasn't easy for other characters not in direct contact with the staff to see, sense yes. Unless his all out attacking, than his forms appears almost solid. In the Otherworld he appears as real as any one. Hope that helps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Dredamore - Amon's Location**

*Irolex sensing threat to the staff from this dark elf that stands before the current barer becomes visible to the normal eye of the physical plane. This occurs as Irolex's heightened sense of impending action and the powers around him and the staff makes him solid so that he can affect this realm. However, when Amon chose to run, Irolex dematerializes again and becomes one with Amon's shadow as he races away from his house and the dark elf. Irolex didn't care either way if the dark elf was attacked or not, but he did care about remaining close to the staff, his staff, it after all was everything...*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Nariel**

*The adults of the village were on the verge of action when, one of the younger and weaker children slips and falls into the deeper water, unable to swim the child starts to drown, until Lulu turns her attention that way and the water clears around the child so they are standing of the creek bed and the water forms walls around the child, Lulu holds out her hand, the adults stands speechless and stunned at such a display. Hizem's every muscle is primed for action, there was two ways this situation could go...*
Back to top Go down
Aidoneos
Heicho
Aidoneos

Male

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:04 pm

((ok lol thx i kinda didnt sse that Razz))

Melethina started to run after the child but then stopped and decided that the guards would become suspiciouse of her and she decided to go back to her item hunting, and walked back to the mechants area.
Back to top Go down
chaugall
Socho
chaugall

Female

Character Profile

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:59 am

((*grins* its all good Aidoneos))

**Nariel**

*The child in question goes running to Lulu and balls in her arms while she laughs, as they reach the dry land the water walls fall down and return to being part of the creek once more. That’s when the adults move from their shocked state. Half of them grab their children to keep them away from Lulu while the other half stares in amazement at Lulu. Hizem knew it was time for him to act.*

Hizem: Lulu, the time has come. We leave! *His voice booms from the shadow he stands in, the adults turn in fear towards his location, while Lulu unaware of the tension skips over to him...*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Staff of Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Staff of Ruins   The Staff of Ruins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Staff of Ruins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPLovers :: Pleasent Roleplays :: Fantasy Roleplays-
Jump to: